How To Pray The Catholic Rosary Using Rosary Beads?
Rosary beads help Catholics to count their prayers. The most important, Catholics pray the rosary as a means through which they make requests to God for a special favor, for example, helping a friend or family member recoup from a sickness, or to say thanks to God for the gifts they got like, a new born baby, a new job, got saved from a big misshapen, and so on.
To pray the holy rosary, you need to understand better that what is the meaning of the holy rosary, rosary beads and how do you use them. Catholic Rosary beads are comprised of a crucifix or a cross, large beads, small beads, and a medal.
The Holy Rosary is viewed as an impeccable prayer because it has a deep message passing on through a story. With the help of the Rosary, we meditate the mystery of bliss, sorrow and the glory of Jesus and Mary. It's a simple prayer, showing humbleness like Mother Mary.
To start with the basic prayer, the rosary comprises of the Apostle's Creed prayed while holding the cross from the right hand by an Our Father prayer. It is done with the large beads of a rosary. Then, Hail Mary prayer is done by small rosary beads in the set of 10. A more mind boggling Hail Mary is performed while holding the medal.
How Do You Use Rosary Beads?
To pray the Catholic Rosary using rosary beads;
- You begin by holding the cross as you say the first prayer- the Apostles' Creed.
- Then, you move your fingers to the large rosary beads over the cross and say another prayer- Our Father.
- Next, you proceed onto the three small beads, to supplicate three Hail Marys for the increase in the ideals of charity, faith and hope.
- Then, say one Glory Be prayer and proceed around the circle until you have said a prayer on each bead contained on the string of rosary beads.
- On the following large bead, pray the Glory Be, also known as the Lesser Doxology.
- When you go to the large bead, announce the second respective mystery, take a look at a meditation by praying Our Father.
- On the ten little beads, pray another set of ten Hail Marys followed by one Glory Be and the Fatima Prayer called decade, as before.
- Carry on this pattern of announcing the secret and praying a decade. Do this for the third, fourth and fifth mystery repeatedly followed by Our Father, ten Hail Marys, one Glory Be and the Fatima Prayer.
- After the fifth and the last decade has been implored, after the Fatima Prayer; pray the Hail Holy Queen prayer.
- It is normal or you can say habitual to complete the Rosary prayers with the "Let us Pray" prayer from the Breviary followed by the Saint.
- Now just as you started, end with the Sign of the Cross like, holding the cross or rosary beads with the right hand. Then, touch your forehead, heart, your left shoulder, and then your right. And, Say; In the Name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit. Amen.
Thus, by following the above given easy procedure, you can pray the Holy Rosary with beads.
Still have queries? Do ask us in the comments section.